• Miranda is a Corporate Affairs Director At Eli Lilly& Co. for Near East Africa (Egypt-Libya-Sudan) since Feb.2013 till present responsible for Government Relations to Advance the company access efforts via appropriate outreach and advocacy with key relevant government stakeholders to address regional and country-specific external challenges and optimize healthcare system reform, intellectual property, and speed-to-market issues. Strengthen the company’s brand image of responding by providing appropriate solutions to health care reform and economic development issues. Leading the engagement with relevant regional trade associations, and serves as the lead contact with Pharma in the region. Being an industry leader working individually and within industry associations on key public policy issues such as intellectual property and regulatory reform, reimbursement and overall speed to market access. Develop and implement key government advocacy programs including enhancing innovation and providing expertise. Create and drive Public-Private Partnerships to enhance the company image. Enhance Lilly’s brand image of being a reliable and trustworthy partner by providing practical and appropriate solutions to government leaders on the most pressing health care reform and economic development issues.
This will require working with the appropriate global and affiliate teams to provide answers to questions from key policymakers .
Help enhance the overall strength of the pharmaceutical industry by leading, coordinating and participating in key priority activities of the associations (e.g., PhRMA). Identify, for each Key Player/Opinion Leader, the factors that determine willingness to put a product on formulary access and/or reimburse
• Miranda Established the Key account management department at Novartis Pharma as a Head of key account management (March_2010 to Jan_2013).
• Miranda Worked as a First-Line Manager at Novartis pharma (June. 2005 _Feb 2010)
• Miranda Started her work as a Medical representative at Novartis Pharma (Dec 2001 _ May 2005)
• Key accomplishments:
• Successfully Established both the corporate affairs department in Eli Lilly Egypt in 2013& the Key account management department in Novartis Egypt in 2005 with a very strong record in Pricing, Access& Reimbursement scorecard.
• Succeeded to support the new brand launches on time &compensate the company losses by more than100 %.
• Support the Environment shaping to reward innovation through accelerate &Expand access of medicines at fair value while expanding their reach to patients.
• Building strategic long term partnership plans with MOH, HIO and other KAs to Drive customer-centric approach (Pharma Kampus program, NIDE PPP, Chemocollege, Payer forum, Premier Leaders Gate, INFO ME).
• Recruit, coach& Develop talents & prepare a new pool of talent pipelines.
• Deliver outstanding, positive customer experiences i.e corporate social responsibility events (Lilly Global Day of Service) & that creates customer loyalty (World Diabetes Day)
• Participate Successfully in setting the strategic Launch Readiness Plans for new product launch “stakeholder payers mapping Access strategy , pricing strategy …etc “
• Roll our successful PR activities for the new launches with great coverage
• Global access excellence award in recognition of the outstanding performance in 2018 for customer connections
• Global access excellence award Leading boldly in recognition of the outstanding performance and achievement in 2016 for leading boldly and relentlessly in the midst of a devaluation turmoil
• Regional Excellence delivery award for Diabetes portfolio negotiation _2016
• Regional Excellence delivery award “Cyramza Egypt Gaining access in Health insurance 12 months only after launch 2018”
• Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science, Grade: very good (Cairo University, may -2001)
• M.B.A, Major Marketing, grade excellent (Arab academy for science, technology &maritime transport-2010)
• Leadership diploma (Glasgow Caledonian university-2011)
• Health economic diploma (Arab academy for science , technology &maritime transport-2013)
• Health Technology Assessment course (University of SHEFFIELD-2016)
• Certified for the basic module of evidence-based decision making for pricing & reimbursement: from theory to practice (Vienna school of clinical research, public health and medical education and SIGMUND FREUD UNIVERSITY VIENNA 2019
All session by Laurence Francis
Dr. Miranda Arafa
• Miranda is a Corporate Affairs Director At Eli Lilly& Co. for Near East Africa (Egypt-Libya-Sudan) since Feb.2013 till present responsible for Government Relations to Advance the company access efforts via appropriate outreach and advocacy with key relevant government stakeholders to address regional and country-specific external challenges and optimize healthcare system reform, intellectual property, and