Head of B.A Department – Cairo University
In a nutshell, Dr. Kortam is one of the prominent figures in the field of marketing regionally and internationally, on and off-campus
He is a Marketing professor who has been heading the department of Business Administration, Faculty of Commerce – Cairo University.
Below is his professional bio:
– Served as the founding dean of the faculty of business and economics, Heliopolis University for sustainable development, Egypt and as a Vice Dean for Postgraduate Studies, Research and Internationalization, Faculty of Commerce, Cairo University since August 2008 to September 2011.
He has also been appointed as the Executive Director of Cairo University International Branch.
Born in Cairo, Egypt in 1965, he obtained the degrees of B.Com., 1986 and M.Sc., 1991 in Business Administration, Cairo University and a Ph.D in Business Administration, the University of Nottingham, England, 1997.
He also serves as a Visiting Research Fellow, the University of Nottingham Business School, England,1998-to date and served as a visiting Fulbright Scholar, School of Business & Public Management, the George Washington University, Washington,D.C., USA, May-September 2001. He is also an academic member of the British Academy of Marketing.
– Dr Kortam has published a considerable number of research papers in English & Arabic in National and international world-class conferences and academically reviewed journals, focusing on the subject areas of philosophy of marketing science, marketing research methods, management education, management information systems and organizational learning.
– Serves as a reviewer at the International Journal of Bank Marketing, International Journal of Higher Education, Marketing Theory, Journal of Consumer Marketing and Marketing Intelligence and Planning and Saudi Management Journal and many national Egyptian journals.
– He has also taught a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate courses on marketing research, sales management, management information systems, feasibility studies, business research methodology, electronic marketing and general management along with Ph.D supervision and development of curriculum in British, German, French, American and Egyptian and other Arab Universities.
– He is also Actively involved in business consultancies and professional marketing and management training since 1988 with special emphasis on marketing studies and research, feasibility studies, organizational development and the analysis and design of management information systems.
– On the management of education side, he is the founding director of the International Students Bureau in May 2007 till August 2008 and also actively involved in managing the joint undergraduate program between the Faculty of Commerce, Cairo University and Robinson’s College of Business, Georgia State University, USA sponsored by USAID. Also, Dr Kortam is the academic coordinator of the sports management diploma that is jointly awarded by Faculty of Commerce, Cairo University and the FIFA represented by CIES affiliated by the University of Neuchatel, Switzerland .
– Dr Kortam has been appointed in January 2009 as the executive director for founding and promoting the New Cairo University International Branch (CUIB) in strategic alliance with a consortium of world-class universities including University of Nottingham (UK), Georgia State University, (USA), Hiellbronn University (Germany), Surbonne University, France, Helsinki School of Economics, Aalto University, (Finland), George Mason University.
All session by Laurence Francis
DR. WAEL KORTAM
Marketing Professor Head of B.A Department – Cairo University In a nutshell, Dr. Kortam is one of the prominent figures in the field of marketing regionally and internationally, on and off-campus He is a Marketing professor who has been heading the department of Business Administration, Faculty of Commerce – Cairo University. Below is his professional